Vegas update

21 Jul

Alright, so before I start talking about San Diego here and all those AMAZING adventures, I will give an update about how things are going here. Not much stuff has been going on here really, but on Friday we all decided to go down to Harley Davidson to check out their store, which turned out to be only this tiny tiny room. Anyway, on the way ( we decided to walk in this crazy heat ) we walked by the Hawaiian market, and I was just looking around and I was headed for this stand, and before I even knew what it was, this little short skinny man comes up to me  and drags me over to his stand, and he insists on showing me how his product works and I was amused instantly. It was this nail thing where you can make designs on your nails and they had everything from flowers to umbrellas to pirate skulls to hearts and letters you know, these stencils and you could do it all yourself. French manicure, cute deigns, or just, you know, anything. They had different sets, and each more fancy and expensive than the other you know, but I was amused and as my mom comes up, she is drawn into it as well, and we end up spending $160 dollars, and regretted it immediately. But done was done, and we had to deal with it so we pretend to love it. Which we do. We love it, it’s genius and its amazing and fun and worth the money you know, if you go to a salon to get this done it’s like 20 – 30 bucks each time, and doing it at home it’s free. So that money is added up fairly quickly. And we tell each other it was a good deal, and in the end I think it was.

This is what we ended up with:


I’ll show better pictures later of what’s inside it and how it looks and works and whatnot. It’s so genius. Picture borrowed from their website.

Anyway, Saturday… Oh right, we went to an outlet, and I got myself 3 paris or ear rings for 12 dollars, not bad. They are nice though, i really like them, though one pair is a little broken, I guess the quality wasn’t too good, but it was cheap also, so it was okay. Anyway, at the outlet, the girls and guys broke up since the guys stress us out by being impatient, and we agreed to meet for lunch. Well, 3 hours later, we met for lunch, the guys were done and we were barely a third of the way through the mall. Ehee.. We decided that the guys go back home and then come pick us up later so we get to take our sweet time. Any girl would be on our side ; P But first, shoe shopping. Cause mom and I had found shoes. We all needed work out shoes, and it’s a lot cheaper here in America, than back home in Norway. Mom and I had found the “famous” Shape-Ups. We just had to try them for fun and fell in love instantly. They are so comfortable to walk in! And come to think you burn more calories too : D We obviously bought the ones fit for exercising  and not just walking, and those that burned the most calories. And they are amazing colors! I couldn’t find pictures of ours online, but I’ll show you once i have my own pics of them. They are so cool! Mostly because they are pink..

So anyway, the guys didn’t like them as much as us, and they went home. My brother got two other shoes though – one for 5 dollars! I think it was a mistake, but hey! – we’re not complaining!

Mom and I shopped a little more, but our time was still limited, we still only had 3 more hours to go after the guys left, because we were going out to dinner. With none other than… dun dun dun… THE MEIER’S! We lived in Virginia at the same time they did, and when my parents went back to Norway, and I stayed behind to finish school, I stayed at their house. They came to Vegas for a few days, and we decided to meet up for dinner. At the same Italian restaurant at New York, New York that I told about earlier. And after that… we took the roller coaster. And I swear, I have never done anything worse in my life. I love roller coasters, I loved this one as well, but the trip UP, in that tiny little wagon thing, all strapped up and with no means of getting out or regretting. I was all excited, not too nervous, but as soon as I saw that steep long climb up, I regretted it more than I have ever regretted anything in my whole entire life. I honestly thought I was going to die. I sat there, pretended to lie in bed, because that’s what it felt like, minus the comfort. I counted and counted and it seemed like an eternity until we were up. Once up though, I was fine. The coaster was a little “bumpy” and it hurt from time to time, but it was great fun. By the end of it I started laughing so hard. It was worth it, but there is no way I’m doing it again.

Pictures from the night:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

It was all great fun. Late night again ; P

Feels like we have kind of just forgotten all about “bedtime” and reasonable times of getting up with the morning. We don’t go to bed until more like midnight, or the “first hour of the morning” and we sleep in until the “ninth or tenth hour of the morning”. I know it’s not late, but you know. Daddy is the only one with a reasonable wake up time since he is working. Was better today though, we got up at 8.30 to work out. Quite fun.

I had a lot more stories from the time here and San Diego, but it’s really late. I started writing this post this afternoon, but I was doing so many things at the same time so I never got past the first sentence, and now I’m trying to tell you all about my days late at night with my parents bugging me and I’m so tired I could fall asleep right here and now. So I’ll tell you more about M&M and Coca-Cola store  tomorrow. And try to focus while doing so. I really need to work on that..



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: